Thursday, July 4, 2013

WRITING SHORT TEXT ADS

Writing short text ads
Writing short text ads is the same as doing a great headline. They need to be catchy, relative and use words that people are searching. SFI has some great suggestions.. Many are very good ads, but some may be considered outdated.

Since the advent of Twitter, people on the internet expect to be captivated by short word pictures.140 characters to be exact are Twitters claim to fame. This increases the need for short ads  Twitter will be the subject of another blog, so be watching for it.

This blog will concentrate on how to make short text ads that will draw clicks and conversions. When I received this message asking for ideas about very short ads, I suggested "Earn while you learn to work at home". I personally would respond to this ad, but when I placed it in Google's ad tool. it worked poorly because earn and learn aren't even in the Google ADwords search criteria. I was surprised that it didn't draw any search terms.

Google ad words tool

Click on the above link and you can go to this web page. Click on tools on this page, and you will find the keyword tool. There are those that say that keywords are no longer important, but that isn't true.They are very important and will continue until some other method of communication is devised that doesn't depend on words.

The list is sorted according to high, medium and low words searched. An effective short ad will combine two groups of keywords for the first line of the ad, and the second line would be your link. I recommend that you use custom domain names from SFI, or shorten the gateway url so that it isn't as obvious as the normal gateway and takes less space.

Here is a better ad than the one I suggested above. I just merely found two keywords that sounded good together and used them. "Build an online business - work at home - http://bit.ly/19WYzX0"  You probably wouldn't want the bitly link underlined, I just did it here to show what a shortened url would look like. When I put this ad into the traffic estimator, it estimated I'd get 0 clicks. I kept playing around with the tool until I came up with this ad "work at home business opportunity" that produced an average of 63 clicks per day.
This Google Traffic Estimator is a very interesting tool, and you can play with it using cost figures, but you don't have to purchase to find this a valuable resource.

Google is a great resource for all kinds of advertising information and tools. It is so often overlooked because there is nothing for anyone to sell. You need to spend some time on the Google site
Google Site Logo
experimenting with their various tools and information.

If you have not signed up with Google webmaster tools, www.google.com/webmasters/tools  they are an excellent resource for placing ads. You don't have to place ads on Google to use the tool, but you do have to be signed up for them. If you have a blog or website of your own, you can earn from Google ads. I was surprised to learn that in the month that I have had this blog, I have earned $5.00 from the Google ads being clicked on from my site.It isn't much, but it is something.

Well, this blog was written in response to a question, and I'm not sure that I answered the question. I had to do a lot of research and when I found Google tools, I decided to use that as an explanation as to how to write short ads that you know will pull clicks to your site.

I am ALWAYS there for you and willing to help in any way that I can.

I do need everyone who is part of my contest - the Gang of seven I'm calling you - to check in every day. I require these updates in order to have a reason to pay you for your work.You can check in here in the comments on my blog, write an email or send an SFI message. I'll except any kind of response that you want to send. I just need you doing something toward advertising our business.


No comments:

Post a Comment